Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Portrait

I get asked a lot if I can paint other things besides animals and birds. And for some reason people are always shocked that I can. I was recently asked to do a portrait for a friend. Her husband had past away several years ago after a long illness. It was a bit of a challenge in that there were very few photos from when he was healthy. I had to combine several photos from different points in his life. Most were of a candid nature with angles that were not the best for a traditional portrait. After many sketches we settled on this pose and composite of features.

The actual painting was done in dry brush watercolors.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully. Thanks for posting this - I was very curious to see this piece after we'd talked about it. Very nice job, and I hope she's thrilled with it!!

    ReplyDelete